How to find IMEI Number of an Android without the Phone or its bill?
Losing your smartphone can be very stressful, and if you don’t have the IMEI number of your phone or lost its bill and box too then it is quite impossible to track your phone, but don’t panic! By reading this article you can easily obtain your IMEI number without your phone.
IMEI, which stands for International Mobile Station Equipment identity, is a very unique and specific code. It is different for every handset. This 15 digit number can be used to identify any mobile device. You can easily find your mobile IMEI number by dialling *#06#.
First, of all why is it important to know the IMEI number of your handset?
- It might be used for warranty reasons
- Your mobile phone provider can block your phone based on the IMEI in case it gets stolen
- If you’re selling your phone, the buyer might need to IMEI in order to check with police if the phone is registered as stolen
But what if your Android phone got lost or stolen and you don’t have its IMEI number? No worry, you can still find the IMEI number of your Android phone.
First of all, it is wise to have your IMEI code backed up somewhere safely. IMEI number is also printed on the box in which your Mobile came in. Most Android devices come with a sticker attached to the box which lists the IMEI number. And if you are one of those who throws away all your packaging or documentation, then this might help you.
The first thing you may have done after buying your android Phone is adding your Google Account to your device. Many of you probably don’t know, when you add your Google account to your android phone, it saves all minute details about the phone in its database, including the IMEI number of the phone. You can easily retrieve the IMEI number of your lost or stolen Android phone from your Google account easily. Here’s how it works:
- Sign into your Google Account
- Open the Android Device Manager
- Your IMEI number should be displayed along with your registered Android device. With this information, the authorities should be able to track down your lost or stolen phone much more quickly and easily.
That was how you can track down the IMEI number of your lost Android, if you don’t have the box in which the device was shipped. If you are aware of any additional trick to find the IMEI number for a device please share it with us, it can help someone to recover their lost phone.